Your privacy is important to us and this privacy statement sets out how Insider Journals collects, uses and protects any information you give us when you use InsiderJournals.com. If you give us any information by which you can be identified when using InsiderJournals.com then we will use it only in accordance with this privacy statement. We may change this privacy statement from time to time. When we do we will notify you of the changes by adding an “updated” icon next to the Privacy link on the front page of the site for two weeks from the date of the change. By continuing to use the site you agree to these changes.
What we collect
We collect the following information:
- Information supplied when you use the website or apps;
- Information which you supply on registration or by sending your stories;
- Information which you provide in relation to any payment;
- Information which you post on InsidersJournal.com;
- Information which you otherwise provide to us (for example by email or private message); and
- Information relating to your use of InsidersJournal.com generally. This may include, for example login and logout times and polls you’ve voted on.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for our statistical purposes. The technical details logged include:
- The IP address of each visitor and the domain of the internet service provider;
- The previous website address from which a visitor reached us, including any search terms used;
- “Clickstream” data which shows the traffic of visitors around InsidersJournal.com (for example showing which stories have been read and which links have been clicked); and
- The type of web browser used by a visitor.
We also use outside providers for web-site statistics. Please note that to provide statistics these use visitors’ IP addresses but do not have access to users’ usernames or email addresses. The primary provider we use is Google Analytics. You can find further information on the information which it collects at http://www.google.com/analytics/
From time to time we may partner with an external provider to provide other services, for example we may ask an external company to carry out a survey or to run a competition. If any personal information is required you will be advised beforehand.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the operation of InsidersJournal.com, to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
- We may use this information for our administration, record keeping and in connection with any payment, should it occur by any means;
- We may use this information, with your permission only, to contact you for marketing purposes;
- We may transfer this information to any sister site of InsidersJournal.com where necessary for the operation of that site;
- We may use this information for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints;
- We may use this information to deal with cases of illegal activity, abuse or harassment;
- We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our traffic figures;
- We may disclose this information where required by law to do so;
- We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate; and
- We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party.
- We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your information to any third party without your permission.
Anonymous and aggregated data
We may aggregate data in an anonymous manner for disclosure to advertisers or business associates for promotion and marketing purposes. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the number of unique visitors in a daily period or the percentage age groups of our members. No personally identifiable information will be disclosed.
Information you post
Any personal information which you volunteer in your public profile or which you post as a message will be available worldwide to anyone with access to the website. Please do not post any information you are not happy to leave up indefinitely. We recommend you do not post your name, address, telephone number, email address or anything else that may lead someone to identify you if this is something you are uncomfortable with. Please note that certain information (such as photographs) which you may choose to provide might reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you or rectify any personal information which is incorrect or incomplete under the Estonian Data Protection Act 2007. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at contact@InsiderJournals.com. Please note that to protect your privacy we may require further information to verify your identity. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at contact@InsiderJournals.com and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. If someone else has posted your personal information on InsiderJournals.com without your permission and you would like it removed please contact us.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Users may wish from time to time to pass information to our writers on a confidential basis. Please note that while we take the privacy of confidential sources seriously, we may not always be able to guarantee absolute confidentiality if, for example, we are compelled by a court order to reveal the identity of a source.